Diversified Metal Fabricators is a company dedicated to keeping the railroad industry moving. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, DMF is the leading manufacturer and supplier of hi-rail equipment used to build and maintain the lifeline of the railroad. DMF is family owned and operated with over thirty years of experience in the railgear industry.
DMF is a customer driven company which designs custom products to help their clients meet special needs. One of those products is DMF’s patented Rail-Roader rail guidewheels which make it easy for crews to get on and off the railroad track at a crossing.
Always looking for ways to improve its products and develop more custom applications, DMF utilizes the most advanced computers, robotics and equipment. It’s the highly skilled team of engineers, installers, machinists, welders and sales support professionals that make the DMF Difference!
DMF has supplied every Class 1 railroad in the United States with equipment, and is the supplier of choice for many of the major carriers, short line railroads, railroad contractors, and urban commuter transit systems. DMF also serves customers in Canada and Mexico.
The bottom line: Diversified Metal Fabricators is synonymous with increased maintenance efficiency and maintenance efficiency not only means increased profitability, it improves the quality of services the railroads are able to provide.
Diversified Metal Fabricators: Safety. Reliability. Maintenance efficiency. Increased profitability. “On Time. Every time.”
Why Choose DMF
See why Diversified Metal Fabricators’ Railgear is clearly The Industry’s Choice for Maintenance-of-Way Vehicles.
- DMF rail guides and undercarriage assembly weigh less and the design is more compact than other models.
- Fewer moving parts means less maintenance and fewer breakdowns.
- Same day shipment of standard replacement parts.
- All products are covered by at least a one year warranty (see warranty for more specifics).
- DMF front railgear is mounted on the suspension and axle of the truck to support the vehicle the way the vehicle was originally designed to be supported — eliminating the need to build a reinforced frame.
- Articulation of the rear railgear enables the vehicle to be put on the rail at a shorter crossing.
- Greater stability with rear mounted cranes.