- Insulated Guide Wheels
- Cobra Air Brakes
- Rail Sweeps
DMF RAILGEAR RW-1420/1630 UC
DMF offers three types of mid-mount railgear for those applications which require a shorter rail-wheelbase than our standard railgear provide for a given chassis. Generally, this is necessary if a large vehicle is to be used on track having tight curvature. DMF Mid-Mount railgear are equipped with a rubber compression suspension system and both rail and highway mode safety pin-offs. All DMF Mid-Mount railgear is used with a corresponding standard rear unit. There are many additional considerations (frame location, stability, rail curvature etc.) in using mid-mount gear so please contact DMF for assistance in specifying and ordering this type of railgear.
- 14″ guide wheels located underneath the vehicle cab.
- GVWR Range: up to 33,000 lbs.
- Approximate installed weight: UC Front: 1,500 lbs., Standard Rear: 875 lbs.
- 16″ guide wheels located underneath the vehicle cab.
- GVWR Range: 33,000 lbs. and above.
- Approximate Installed Weight: UC Front: 1,700 lbs., Standard Rear: 1,185 lbs.
- Rotating pivot arm and frame box arrangement actuated by two cylinders. Unit is over-center in rail mode and not hydraulically supported. The unit is supported by two rubber compression suspensions. Safety pin-offs in both rail and highway mode.
- Our mid-mount railgear are used with the corresponding standard rear railgear.
- All steel construction with machined cast steel wheels.
- External Cobra brake operated by vehicle air brakes.
- 56-1/2 inch standard.
- 20 mph at GVWR rating shown above.
- Gloss black paint.
- 5-8 gpm @2,000 psi
- Power unit suitable pump/PTO
- Control valves are located at each assembly
- Hose and fitting SAE100RI, JIC swivel ends