- Insulated Guide Wheels
- Cobra Air Brakes
- Rail Sweeps
DMF RAILGEAR RW-1650BC
DMF offers three types of mid-mount railgear for those applications which require a shorter rail-wheelbase than our standard railgear provide for a given chassis. Generally this is necessary if a large vehicle is to be used on track having tight curvature.
DMF Mid-Mount railgear are equipped with a rubber compression suspension system and both rail and highway mode safety pin-offs.
All DMF Mid-Mount railgear is used with a corresponding standard rear unit. There are many additional considerations (frame location, stability, rail curvature etc.) in using mid-mount gear so please contact DMF for assistance in specifying and ordering this type of railgear.
- 16″ guide wheels located behind the vehicle cab.
- GVWR Range: 70,000 lbs. and above, for heavy load applications.
- Approximate Installed Weight – BC Front: 1,800 lbs., Standard Rear: 1,385 lbs.
- Sliding vertical deployment using four hydraulic lift cylinders. The unit is cushioned by four rubber compression suspensions. Safety pin-offs in both rail and highway mode.
- Our mid-mount railgear are used with the corresponding standard rear railgear.
- All steel construction with machined cast steel wheels.
- External Cobra brake operated by vehicle air brakes.
- 56-1/2 inch standard.
- 20 mph at GVWR rating shown above.
- Gloss black paint.
- 5-8 gpm @2,000 psi
- Power unit suitable pump/PTO
- Control valves are located at each assembly
- Hose and fitting SAE100RI, JIC swivel ends